A Short Summary Of The Birth, Personalities And Teachings Of Pentecostalism
Click, open and spend quality time on this embedded research material on the history, personalities and teachings of the founders of the modern-day apostasy passing itself off as God’s ultimate move. It requires patience to go through the material carefully. Send the internet link on this page to your friends and loved ones.
Today’s Christianity is not the same with that of John Bunyan, Jonathan Edwards, D L Moody, Billy Sunday, A W Pink, Spurgeon et al. In fact it is as different as an earthworm is from a carpet viper. What we have in the church today are unregenerated men and women, fully commissioned and empowered by Satan to sow confusion and errors, denigrate the Person and Glory of the Lord Jesus Christ. They are at the helm in various churches and ministries in much of the world. This is in line with the prophecies in the Book.
Excerpts from the research…”
- In 1907, Parham was arrested and charged with sodomy in Texas and lost all credibility with the neo-Pentecostal movement he started!
For Pentecostals the events of Azusa Street mark the watershed event in modern Pentecostalism, yet look at what contemporary, orthodox theologians said about it: G. Campbell Morgan described the Azusa Street activities as “the last vomit of Satan.” (Holy Laughter to Holy Fire” by Michael L. Brown, pages 197&198)
- R.A. Torrey declared that this new Pentecostal movement was “emphatically not of God, and founded by a Sodomite.” (Holy Laughter to Holy Fire” by Michael L. Brown, pages 197&198)
- H. A. Ironside said both the holiness and Pentecostal movements were “disgusting … delusions and insanities.” In 1912 he said of their meetings “pandemoniums where exhibitions worthy of a madhouse or a collection of howling dervishes,” were causing a “heavy toll of lunacy and infidelity.” (Holy Laughter to Holy Fire” by Michael L. Brown, pages 197&198)
- W.B. Godbey said of the Azusa Street participants “Satan’s preachers, jugglers, necromancers, enchanters, magicians, and all sorts or mendicants,” and he claimed the movement was the result of spiritualism.(Holy Laughter to Holy Fire” by Michael L. Brown, pages 197&198)
- Clarence Larkin “But the conduct of those possessed, in which they fall to the ground and writhe in contortions, causing disarrangements of the clothing and disgraceful scenes, is more a characteristic of demon possession, than a work of the Holy Spirit. From what has been said we see that we are living in “Perilous Times,” and that all about us are “Seducing Spirits,” and that they will become more active as the Dispensation draws to its close, and that we must exert the greatest care lest we be led astray.” (Holy Laughter to Holy Fire” by Michael L. Brown, pages 197&198)
- It is an indisputable fact that Parham rejected several of the central tenets of the Christian faith and that he was charged with sodomy. It is also a fact according to many eyewitnesses (including Parham) that Azusa was overrun with spiritualist mediums and hypnotists who were attracted to the Azusa manifestations.”
If you have any interest in true godliness, you cannot know too much of what these people and their followers teach. Study these materials. You may succeed, as Paul put it, in saving both yourself and those that listen to you. “Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.” 1 Timothy 4:16