Removing The Eyes Of The People From Focusing On Jesus, The Saviour
“I have heard what the prophets said, that prophesy lies in my name, saying, I have dreamed, I have dreamed.
How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets that prophesy lies? yea, they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart;
Which think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbour, as their fathers have forgotten my name for Baal.
The prophet that hath a dream, let him tell a dream; and he that hath my word, let him speak my word faithfully. What is the chaff to the wheat? says the LORD”. Jer 23:25-28
“Because my people hath forgotten me, they have burned incense to vanity, and they have caused them to stumble in their ways from the ancient paths, to walk in paths, in a way not cast up”. Jer 18:15
You must have met one of those dead men and women raised back to life by Mr Enock Adeboye’s handkerchiefs in the last three months. Since so many dead bodies are being raised all over Nigeria, and possibly in much of the world itself, by the waving of handkerchiefs anointed by Mr Adeboye, it is not possible for you not to have met any of those returnees from the other side. The following article published by a Mr Adeboye’s devotee is such that you have to ask your neighbours and friends to take the bodies of all their dead relatives and friends to anyone in possession of any of Mr Adeboye handkerchiefs, or, preferably, to the headquarters of the miracles on earth, the ‘Redeemed’ Camp on Lagos-Ibadan Express Way. You can’t do otherwise, except you do not love your friends and neighbours.
This doggerel would have been funny if not that it is the eternal fate of the people of Nigeria and others around the world that these charlatans are actually toying with. Scores of the dead being raised by a wave of handkerchiefs anointed at ‘Redeemed’? And the news only on specialized devotees’ websites?
Why Does Enoch Adeboye Embark On Make-Believe Miracles?
Why do people embark on this sort of charade?
The very first reason is to ensure continuous patronage. They give their members the lie that they are in contact with God and they have the keys to life and death. This removes the gaze of the members from the Lord Jesus Christ to the General Overseer. The General Overseer announces himself as “spiritual father” – a title the Lord Jesus Christ commanded must never be used – to his congregants and swiftly proceeds to amend, abrogate or re-interpret the part of the New Testament he is not comfortable with.
(But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.
And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ Mat 23:8-10 ) .
He says he has ‘new revelation knowledge’, uncorroborated by any Bible passage, available to only him, in the universe.
These so-called miracles are claimed so that the members will continue coming, particularly with their money.
Reports such as you will soon read send their adherents into a delirium. They soon begin to doubt those Bible passages such as Hebrews 9:27 talking about judgment after death. “The G.O’s handkerchief will soon be on the way to wake me up if I should die,” they believe.
Enoch Adeboye’s Miracles: Causing Men To Forget Sin Was The Reason Jesus Died For Them
Mr Adeboye and his ‘Redeemed’ make a mockery of the word of God. They make a mockery of the main reason Jesus died for men. They cause their members and other people that listen to their broadcasts or read their materials to forget that the LORD God had no alternative to saving a ‘LOST humanity apart from our believing in Jesus as THE ONLY SAVIOUR. These people work feverishly to cause their followers to forget this.
Bible Knows No Miracle Bigger Than Your Sins Being Forgiven!
They make a mockery of the fact that the Bible knows NO BIGGER miracle than a man being truly born again: having the true Living God dwelling in the heart of a man: guiding him on righteousness, holiness and sin; witnessing to his spirit that he is indeed His son or daughter and comforting him in his troubles. These fake miracles act but as opiates on the minds of the people: they soon forget the gravity and the heinousness of sin. “For they have healed the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace”. Jer 8:11.
Could a ministry such as this be serving the Lord Jesus Christ of the Bible? You must judge: there is no safe buck-passing when it comes to a spiritual issue such as this.
The following is just an example. You will get many more of these drivels either by listening to him or simply opening the so-called new year prophecies on the Church’s website. The Oracle of Delphi would sure have done a better job.
I hope you have enough horrors reading the hogwash.
Can you spot anything different between the following culled stories of the notorious American con-man and his fake miracles and “Pastor” Adeboye?
Robert William Schambach started out pastoring a small church in Philadelphia Pennsylvania called the Bethel Assembly of God. Schambach soon got interested in traveling tent evangelism by attending a tent crusade of T. L. Osborn’s, in which R.W. claims a friend of his, who was a boxer that lost his eyesight, was instantly healed. This is when young Schambach prayed “God, this is what I want to spend my life doing.”
- Later down the road, tent evangelist A.A. Allen (who RWS says was “a man who cast out more devils accidentally than most preachers did on purpose.”) was scheduled to be in Schambach’s town.of Glassport. He told his wife Winnie, “Don’t get too comfortable in this parsonage. I have a feeling Brother Allen is going to ask me to join his team.” “You don’t even know him,” Winnie replied. When Bob insisted that he had heard from God, Winnie responded sincerely, “Whatever God wants.”
- R.W. did all he could to support the crusade. He reports seeing great miracles those nights and keeping quiet about his revelation from God. When the tent came down, A.A. Allen approached young Bob Schambach. There was no lengthy conversation— just one simple statement from the man of God: “Brother Schambach, I believe God wants you to travel with me as my associate.”
- Schambach began his travels with A.A. Allen and took their miracle/deliverance/healing crusades whereever they could, even to the Philippines and India with crowds of over 50,000 people. Until in the fall of 1959, with a heavy heart, Brother Schambach told Brother Allen that the Lord had called him into his own ministry and it was time to leave.
- Schambach then got his own tent which he brought to the inner-cities to preach healing and deliverance. Schambach Revivals was born! Now he has his own radio and television shows, and is celebrating his 50th year in ministry.
- 50 years of ministry… and it seems he only has one message to preach!!! He’s got plenty of inspiring stories from experience and scriptures but the message is always the same. Plant a faith seed into his ministry and you will receive the miracles you are seeking.
- One of the prophetic revelations Schambach has received is that the church is going through a year of Jubilee…A time when God causes all debts to be released from his people…A time when they will receive great financial miracles and become debt-free… Of course this is all dependent on planting your faith seed!
- Leviticus 25:11 A jubile shall that fiftieth year be unto you: ye shall not sow, neither reap that which groweth of itself in it, nor gather the grapes in it of thy vine undressed..
- One difference between the years of Jubilees past and present is the amount of time between them. Schambach preached that 1997 was the year of Jubilee and now 1998 is the year of Jubilee again!!! Sometimes, he goes back and forth between it being “THE year of Jubilee” and it “being able to be A year of Jubilee for you”.
- Schambach’s style and speaking is always inspiring. He has many stories of people in the most desperate situations who when attending his crusades have had all their problems miraculously solved. The problem in his stories can be anything (financial, physical healing, drug-addiction, broken family) but the solution is always the same, give more money than you can afford to give and God will reward you for your faith.
- Schambach is very skilled at making people not only happy but excited to empty their wallets at his altar that he has gained the attention of the heretical “Christian” broadcasting empire, TBN. One thing that can be certain, when the budget is low, Paul and Jan are going to be bringing out Schambach to loosen up the viewers’ pocketbooks. Schambach on lead and Benny Hinn on back-up.
Enoch Adeboye, R.W. Schambach And Make-Believe Miracles
- Earlier this year, Schambach claims to have received a revelation from God, that anyone who wishes to get out of debt and into prosperity should send Schambach a $2000.00 faith seed. And if you don’t have the whole $2000.00, you should send the tithe of that and commit to the rest. I guess I don’t understand the concept of tithes because I thought a tithe was something you applied to your income not your out-go!!!
- God has given a blanket faith seed amount of $2000.00 for anyone who wishes to activate His debt-forgiving power??? For bankers? Construction workers? Janitors? How about kids with a paper route? People in Mexico? India? Ethiopians? Apparently, $2000.00 to Schambach Revivals is the universal answer!!!
- Schambach is also an end-times revivalist and ecumenicalist. He preaches that in the last days, every Christian will have an annointing to do the same signs and wonders that he claims at his crusades, when the “spirit will fall upon all flesh” and lists off a bunch of denominations… “and that means all flesh! Pentecostal flesh! Methodist flesh! Baptist flesh!!! Catholic flesh!!”
- Also, Schambach has utilized the holy trinkets technique of evangelism…sending out annointed prayer clothes and the like in exchange for your best offering. The prayer clothes are an 1 inch square piece of cloth. I guess it doesn’t have to be too big because the faith the size of a mustard seed can move mountains???
- Schambach claims to have witnessed crippled and amputeed bodies grow feet, legs, hands, and arms before his very eyes in response to their faith (and faith seed planting) at his past and foreign crusades. However, when his own health was threatened Schambach depended on a quadruple bypass instead of relying on a faith healing miracle!! 50 years of preaching with only 1 message and it seems that he, himself does not believe it! But then again I’m sure he had the money! (by David Gibson)
Do you mind saying a word of prayer to the Lord Jesus Christ for the people of Nigeria?
… May Your Kingdom come. May Your Will be done in Nigeria, as in heaven…