Why We Are Not Charismatics
Rev Ian Goligher
I think we may freely rephrase the topic of this sermon to “Why We Should Not Be Charismatics or Pentecostals”.
The devil has not been able to fashion a worse counterfeit to true Christianity in the last hundred years. It is important we all understand as much as possible the spirit behind the movement. They speak christianese; they carry the Bible; they have the titles; they attend the ‘seminaries’ and the ‘Rhema Bible Institutes’; they are the ‘church leaders’ in most countries. You need to know what they teach and preach. We cannot wait to find out when we get to the gate of heaven. The Lord asked us to check EVERY spirit: you must check and check again the spirit behind anyone teaching you about God.
You will be blessed as you prayerfully listen to Reverend Ian Goligher teaching the truths in 1st and 2nd Corinthians.
Follow him with an open Bible.
Revd Ian Goligher
These are follow-up sermons to the one of the same topic brought to readers yesterday. They answer very important questions the devil has been using to confuse people since around 1906:
- Are there indeed any difference in the Bible between tongues and languages?
- Are there some ‘angelic languages’ Christians are supposed to speak?
- Did the Apostles of the Lord Jesus Christ speak any such language?
- Are there any ‘secret prayer languages’ known only to the ‘deep’ Christian in the Bible?
John Greer: Understanding Tongues
- Since unbelievers in the occult and the ‘Aladuras’ in the beach also speak the same modern ‘tongues’ that Pentecostals and Charismatics speak, is this gift really from God’s Holy Spirit?
- What is the nature of Paul’s discussions in 1 Corinthians chapters 12 to 14?
- Was Paul setting out the Corinthian church in 1 Cor 12 to 14 as an example of a church to emulate as the Pentecostals and the Charismatics teach?
- Does the Bible support the practice whereby people lose their consciousness in any way so they might acquire some special language or revelation? Is the practice Biblical? Is that not a purely occult practice?
As I advised earlier, you must listen to these sermons with your Bible open. Read the references whenever the pastor calls out any and read 1 Cor 12 to 14 itself. Do not forget there was no division of the whole passage, i.e, chapter 12, chapter 13 or chapter 14 when Paul wrote it.
He was discussing only one issue throughout the three chapters: the abuse of spiritual gifts by the ‘deeper’ Christians of Corinth.
May the Lord wake up everyone who comes by this site to the evil that has now fully displaced true faith in the Lord Jesus Christ in Nigeria and in much of the world in our time.
Note: For readers not based in places where internet service bandwidth is good, do not click Play Audio. I advise you download the messages first into your handset/laptop rather than attempt to listen to them directly through the internet. In most cases the internet service is not strong enough to sustain unbroken audio or video transmission in most parts of Nigeria and the developing world. Look for “Download MP3” when you open the sermons and click it.
If you think you need prayer or help in any way, feel free to get in touch with us.